Masato Ninomiya is a self-taught photographer based in Kanagawa, Japan. He is a landscape photographer. He works on several photographic projects. His interests are focusing on the history of his hometown of Kanagawa and the relationship with nature and the environment. He likes medium format film photography for these landscape projects. All his black and white photographs were home developed by himself. His photographs were featured on FotoFilmic JRNL 11 Winter 2022 Issue, Phases Magazine, Landscape Stories Magazine blog, New Landscape Photography, Don’t take pictures (photo of the day), Incandescent zine, Goldenrod zine, etc. This website was launched in October 2003. “Still Life” was his music band name in the early days, but since 2007 it has been used to mean “Still images & An inseparable part of his life”.
*Sorry, I don’t have a Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter account. And my English isn’t so good, so feel free to ask me if there is anything unclear.
- Photography competition and Publication
- FotoFilmic JRNL 11 Winter 2022 Issue
Guest editor: Corey Keller
- Vancouver, CA
- Contemporary photography platform
- Eyescape Magazine
- special issue CONNECTIONS
- for restoration assistance following the 3.11 Great East Japan Earthquake
- Tokyo, JP
- Photo archive project
- Exhibition and open portfolio review
- Solo photo exhibition at ANTENNA
- Tokyo, JP
- Yokohama Photo Festival / Portfolio Review at Red Brick Warehouse
- Kanagawa, JP
- Lifestyle Magazine
- homeland magazine
- Culture and ART
- Fujian, CN
- Client work and Support activities
- Correspondence course at the Kyoto University of Art and Design
- ‘Photo market in the US’ by Yoichi Nagata at Gallery COSMOS
- Photo Lab. assistant at Atsugi Color Processing Laboratory
- Photographer assistant at Sugiyama Studio
A profile photo: Taken by Ta Photograph in 2008.
Tokyo 2020, Coastline: Translated by Michael Normoyle and Yoshiko Furuhashi at M&Y Translations.
Borderland, Wintertag: Translated by Natsuka Watanabe and Natsuho Taira.
All images and text © Masato Ninomiya
All rights reserved. Reproduction in any form without written permission is strictly forbidden.